Timberhood Consulting provides electrical design and has extensive experience in electrical systems for various types of buildings and facilities, and for a wide spectrum of applications. We work independently on stand alone electrical projects or together with architects and engineers of other specialties on multi-disciplinary projects to provide integrated solutions that address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our professional services in electrical engineering cover needs and condition assessment, feasibility studies, conceptual and detail design, engineering specifications, field reviews and project management. We have played various roles on projects, including designers, trusted advisors, third-party reviewers, Owner’s Engineer/Independent Agent, project managers and contract administrators.
While our competencies and experience cover most aspects of electrical distribution for commercial, institutional and industrial applications, we specialize in the design of systems for mission-critical facilities in the government, telecommunications, financial, education and health care sectors. Some of the applications delivered by our in-house technical professionals include:
- Low and medium-voltage power distribution for new and retrofit projects
- Stand-by and emergency power systems
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Electrical/Utilities master plans
- Energy audits and retrofits
- Illumination and lighting controls
- Fire alarm systems
- Communication systems (voice, data, security, access)
- Electrical asset management
- Electrical safety and code compliance